AS A PARENT, GUARDIAN or CARER YOU SHOULD:
- Adhere to the core values of rugby - Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship
- Make sure that your child is correctly equipped for each session
- Notify the coach in advance if your child will be missing a session
- Ensure registration is completed and appropriate fees are paid
- Recognise that the safety of players is paramount.
- Remember that young people play rugby for their own enjoyment not that of their parents and they learn things, both good and bad, by example.
- Respect coaches and match officials and encourage players to do so.
- Provide positive support at training and during games; show appreciation of good play by players from every team.
- Stay positive: negative messages adversely affect the performance and attitude of players, officials and coaches.
- Support the Clubs efforts to rid the game of unacceptable, abusive and violent behaviour.
- Respect the club, it’s members and the environment and maintain its good name both home and away
- Ensure that coaches are notified of anything that may affect your child’s ability to participate fully including medical conditions and social, behavioural or emotional needs
AS A PARENT, GUARDIAN or CARER YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO:
- Understand the teaching and coaching methods used by observing the sessions in which your child participates.
- Be aware that the Club has a duty of care and therefore, where appropriate, assist with the supervision of sessions, particularly where numbers are large or where players need transport to away games.
- Get involved with the wider Club activities and share your time and expertise.
- Share concerns, if you have them, with the appropriate Club officials.