To provide leadership in all rugby and on field matters to all within the club and providing a positive and supportive environment for all to participate in Rugby.
Key aspects of the role
- To co-ordinate all senior and junior rugby matters, leading the team of volunteers that include:
- Head Coach
- Junior Rugby representative (Golden Role)
- Senior Rugby representative (Golden Role)
- Coaching Co-Ordinator (Golden Role)
- Fixture Secretaries (Junior & Senior) & referee Co-ordinator
- To facilitate regular meetings of the Rugby Team to discuss and follow up resulting actions from areas including:
- Review on pitch activities / RFU Updates
- Review training needs and opportunities for Coaches & Players
- Review any ground or equipment issues
- Review any issues highlighted by the Welfare manager
- To implement and manage club and member adherence to, policies and processes to ensure the safe and fair participation of the game at all levels including:
- Selection policy
- RFU related policies and guidelines
- Other club policies and processes
- To work with the rugby team to document all required regular rugby related tasks for all roles and increase the number of volunteers to provide contingency to ensure all necessary tasks are covered on a weekly basis.
Is this role for you?
If you have a passion for rugby and wish to see the playing side of the club develop in a positive structured way, maintaining the level of enjoyment for all players and volunteers that help in coaching, rugby administration and related roles.
This could be a job for you and your opportunity to help the club develop, grow, and continue to offer Rugby to all.