AS A YOUNG PLAYER YOU SHOULD:
- Adhere to the core values of rugby - Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship
- Play because you want to do so, not to please coaches or parents
- Understand that skill development, fun and enjoyment are the most important parts of the game.
- Take responsibility and arrive with the correct equipment for your session given the conditions
- Be focused and attentive at all training and coaching sessions.
- Be at team player and work as hard for your team as for yourself
- Be a good sportsman - win or lose - and recognise good play by all players on both teams
- Accept, without question, all coaches and referees decisions.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Encourage your team mates and be respectful of individual differences
- Respect the club, it’s members, the environment and maintain its good name both home and away
AS A PLAYER YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO:
- Recognise and appreciate the efforts of coaches, parents, match officials and administrators in providing the opportunity for you to play the game and enjoy the rugby environment.
- Support the wider activities of the club including the senior teams
- Recognise that every other player is entitled to play in a safe and abuse-free rugby environment
- Understand that if any individual or group of young players is not being treated acceptably, then you have a right to tell an adult either at the Club or outside of the game.